Join our team of early childhood professionals who are dedicated to the growth and wellbeing of every child.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with all age groups across the centre and cannot see myself doing anything else other than what I am doing today.
-Shaleisha, Kangaroo Room Leader
Why join the Columba Cottage team?
Be a part of an organisation that impacts and transforms lives each and every day.
- Work in a purpose-built environment fully resourced and enhanced with digital technology
- Benefit from ongoing professional development
- Receive recognition for your efforts and achievements
- Collaborate with families and community
- Interact with strong, inspiring management who will guide you along your career
Columba Cottage is a dynamic and rewarding place to work for passionate child care professionals. Our staff are the lifeblood of the centre and provide amazing care for children in the early stages of their learning and development.
Diploma Qualified Educator
Commencing January 2018 working with our toddlers. Initially a one year full time position but could be extended.
- Diploma in Early Childhood
- NSW Working with children clearance
- Current first aid training (HLTAID004)
- Child protection training
- A minimum 12 months experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A great work ethic and strong communication skills
- Flexibility: children, educators, routines
- Problem solving, Initiative, Creativity
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for a common goal
- Willingness to embrace and follow the Centres methods when planning for and documenting children’s learning
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow Centre policies and procedures
Please list at least 2 referees, including your most recent employer.
Current casual educators are welcome to apply.
Closing date: Friday 24 November 2017
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a current Working with Children Check for NSW
- Actively contribute to the education program in the room
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Columba Cottage policies and procedures
- Engage and supervise the children at all times
- Competitive wages
- Supportive and friendly team
- An induction programme
- Professional development opportunities
- Uniform supplied
If you have a passion for working with children, then this is the role for you!