We provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere for your child.
With respectful and rewarding partnerships with families through ongoing communication and collaborative techniques, we ensure children reach their full potential.
At Columba Cottage, each and every child has:
- The opportunity to grow, learn, share and follow instructions
- The foundation for learning that will continue in Primary School
- Social and emotional development in a secure, supportive and safe environment
- A sense of competence and self-worth
- Curiosity, ideas and imagination to progress steadily from solitary play to one-on-one play, to more complicated group play
- Motor skill development by providing opportunities to climb and play active games daily.
We also provide extra-curricular activities and programs to complement our Long Day Care program such as RubgyTots, Yoga, Swimming and Sprockets. Read more about our extra-curricular activities here.
Columba Cottage Long Day Care runs on weekdays between 6.30am and 6.00pm, 52 weeks per year.
We are located on the grounds of St Columba Anglican School at 1 Iona Avenue, Port Macquarie, where you can drop off and pick up your children at our safe and secure drop off zone.
Children can eat home made lunches, or freshly made nutritious food can be pre-ordered from the School canteen. Click here to read more about how we can make mealtimes easy for families.
Regular reporting on your child’s development is at your fingertips. As a parent or caregiver, you can login to our secure app, Storypark, to view daily moments from your child’s day, plus ongoing summative assessments, goals and areas for growth. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that any images or video taken of your child is secure within the Storypark app and you can invite grandparents and other family members to view via a secure connection.