Columba Cottage Outside School Hours Care (OSHC), located on the grounds of St Columba Anglican School, is seeking applications from a suitably qualified educator to join the team in a leadership role. You will have the opportunity to inspire your team to provide a stimulating, creative and safe environment for children and families, whilst also being responsible for ensuring the quality, compliance and management of the OSHC service. This role would ideally suit an experienced coordinator or manager who has strong organisational, communication and leadership skills.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma in Children’s Services or Early Childhood Trained or ACECQA approved qualification
- Current Employee Working with Children clearance
- Current child protection training CHCPRT001
- Current and valid HLTAID004 First Aid
- LR Licence
- Available Monday – Friday with varied hours between 6:30am – 6pm
- Senior management experience working within an OSHC Service or Early Learning Centre
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of My Time Our Place, National Quality Standards, Education and Care National Regulations, Children (Education and Care Services National Law Application) Act 2010, Child Protection Laws and Workplace Health and Safety Requirements.
- Experience in developing policies and aligning practices with legislative requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities with intermediate microsoft skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Understanding of diversity and inclusive practices
- Knowledge of childcare database systems eg Qikkids
- Knowledge and experience in assessment and rating processes
- Demonstrated financial management
Responsibilities and Duties
As coordinator you will be responsible for the daily management of the service which will include, but is not limited to, rostering & managing staff, prioritising tasks, meeting administrative deadlines, facilitating age appropriate play and learning, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children.
Ideally, the successful applicant will accept the role of educational leader role. This particular role would include, but is not limited to:
- showing confidence to mentor and guide staff;
- develop relationships with a range of organisations within the community in order to develop creative and inclusive programs; and
- actively seek professional development opportunities for the team.
All applicants must apply , no later than Friday March 9, 2018.