Through play-based learning and structured activity times, we help preschoolers thrive.
Encouraging your child’s personality and potential is essential during the preschool years. Preparing for their school years is also fundamental.
We provide school readiness and pre-kindergarten programs in both of our preschool rooms.
Children are encouraged to explore, create, improvise and imagine.
Literacy and numeracy, as well as social and emotional development in an active, integrated learning environment are incorporated into our daily program.
We have two preschool rooms, the Kangaroo room which is led by Katie, and the Emu room which is led by Kerrianne. Each room is airconditioned and opens out to our state of the art play facilities, giving our children valuable outdoor experiences.
We offer co-curricular activities during the day at Columba Cottage at no extra charge:
- Cam has developed a Fundamental Movement program to help our preschoolers kick health goals.
- The St Columba Anglican School specialist dance teacher, Shelly Kelly, runs a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths (STEAM) based dance program.
The extra-curricular activities on offer during the day at Columba Cottage are:
- Safe, secure facilities – we have secure car park access for registered parents only and entry to our building is via a keypad code.
- Digital sign in and out – kiosks are located at the entrance of the facility, making the process of signing your children in and out of the Centre each day quick and easy.
- Nutritious eating – we serve shared fruit platters for morning tea and serve your home packed lunches. We also give parents the opportunity to order fresh nutritious canteen food online through Flexischools.
- Daily and quarterly reporting – via Storypark, a secure app that provides insights to your child’s learning when and wherever you’d like to read them.
- Fee assistance – child care benefits and rebates are available to qualifying families.
We run free tours daily.and we’ll be in touch with you within two working days to arrange a time that suits you.