Do you envisage yourself being part of an organisation that positively influences children’s lives every day?
By joining our team you would have the opportunity to work alongside early childhood professionals who are dedicated to the growth and wellbeing of every child.
Columba Cottage employees have the opportunity to:
- Develop trusting relationships with children, families and colleagues
- Contribute ideas, skills & knowledge to programs and learning environments
- Engage in peer learning, coaching and mentoring to develop skill sets
- Benefit from ongoing professional development
Part-time Administration Assistant
We need an amazing admin assistant who can confidently support our busy Reception team at Columba Cottage Early Learning Centre.
- You will need to have true experience in an office role
- You will be a friendly, highly motivated and efficient individual, with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- You will have the ability to work autonomously as well as understand the importance of a collaborative approach when needed to support the team
- You will have the ability to multi-task to complete a range of administrative duties in a timely manner
- You will have the ability to follow procedures to ensure regulatory compliance
- You will be available from 7:30am on Fridays, plus 1 or 2 other regular days per week (total 16-21 hours negotiated) plus occasional casual cover if possible
- Interviews for this role will commence immediately
- Pay is based on the Children’s Services Award and includes Staff discount if required (LDC and OSCH & SCAS)
You will be responsible for:
- Qikkids – marking rolls, reviewing attendance, running reports
- Compliance, WHS audits and procedures
- Ordering supplies for the centre
- Filing confidential materials accurately and efficiently
- Taking phone enquiries and childcare applications
- Record keeping
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 12 months experience in a similar administration role
- Confidence working in Google Office Suite, as well as Microsoft Word
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to relate effectively to all stakeholders, including management, families and educators
- Proven organisational skills
- Have a current NSW Working with Children Check
- Knowledge of Childcare systems would be valued
- Purpose-built, 138 place service that will provide you with ultra-modern facilities and resources
- A welcoming and inviting centre with friendly team members
- Dedicated team spaces including planning and professional development spaces
Please apply below listing the job you are applying for as Admin Assistant. A CV listing 2 referees and a Cover Letter are required.
Closing Date: Friday August 14, 2020
Columba Cottage is looking for inspiring and enthusiastic educators to join our team of casual staff.
We provide care for children aged from six weeks to six years and are open from 6.30am to 6.00pm.
You will be expected to:
- Actively contribute to the education program in the room
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Columba Cottage policies and procedures
- Engage with and supervise the children at all times
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved)
- A current First Aid qualification
- A current Working with Children Check for NSW