Do you envisage yourself being part of an organisation that positively influences children’s lives every day?
By joining our team you would have the opportunity to work alongside early childhood professionals who are dedicated to the growth and wellbeing of every child.
Columba Cottage employees have the opportunity to:
- Develop trusting relationships with children, families and colleagues
- Contribute ideas, skills & knowledge to programs and learning environments
- Engage in peer learning, coaching and mentoring to develop skill sets
- Benefit from ongoing professional development
Columba Cottage Early Learning Centre in Port Macquarie is currently seeking three enthusiastic trainees who want to kick start their career in Childcare by joining our Traineeship Program. As a trainee, you will be working full time and studying your Certificate III in Education and Care during work hours.
The ideal candidate for our Traineeship program is an individual who demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for a hands-on career with children aged 0 to 5 years. We pay for your Certificate III, PLUS provide you with study time during work hours.
The Traineeship program allows you to complete a Certificate III in Education and Care within 12 months whilst gaining paid industry experience with a fun, professional team of educators.
No experience is needed, we’ll teach you all you need to know. Year 12 graduates are encouraged to apply.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Keeping children safe
- Supervision of children’s play
- Helping children with daily routines
- Setting up of the children’s environment with playing and learning materials
- Maintaining a safe, clean and fun environment
- Working with children from 0-5 years of age
- Most importantly, engaging and joining in children’s play
If you’re interested in this position simply apply online below or call us for more information on 02 6581 4433.
Applications should contain a CV and letter of application for our consideration and include at least 2 referees.
Closing date: 14 September 2020 for commencement January 2021
Columba Cottage is looking for inspiring and enthusiastic educators to join our team of casual staff.
We provide care for children aged from six weeks to six years and are open from 6.30am to 6.00pm.
You will be expected to:
- Actively contribute to the education program in the room
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Columba Cottage policies and procedures
- Engage with and supervise the children at all times
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved)
- A current First Aid qualification
- A current Working with Children Check for NSW