Do you envisage yourself being part of an organisation that positively influences children’s lives every day?
By joining our team you would have the opportunity to work alongside early childhood professionals who are dedicated to the growth and wellbeing of every child.
Columba Cottage employees have the opportunity to:
- Develop trusting relationships with children, families and colleagues
- Contribute ideas, skills & knowledge to programs and learning environments
- Engage in peer learning, coaching and mentoring to develop skill sets
- Benefit from ongoing professional development
- Casual Educators
- Qualified Early Childhood Educator
- Educational Leader for Out of School Hours Care (OSHC)
- Cert 3 Traineeship in Early Childhood Education and Care
Columba Cottage is looking for inspiring and enthusiastic educators to join our team of casual staff.
We provide care for children aged from six weeks to six years and are open from 6.30am to 6.00pm.
You will be expected to:
- Actively contribute to the education program in the room
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Columba Cottage policies and procedures
- Engage with and supervise the children at all times
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved)
- A current First Aid qualification
- A current Working with Children Check for NSW
Qualified Early Childhood Educator (Full-time or Part-time)
Columba Cottage Early Learning Centre is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our staff are the lifeblood of the centre and provide amazing care for children in the early stages of their learning and development.
We require a qualified educator for four or five days per week.
- Diploma in Early Childhood or Certificate lll
- NSW Working with children clearance
- Current first aid training (HLTAID004)
- Child protection training
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A great work ethic and strong communication skills
- Active contribution to the educational program
- Problem solving, initiative, creativity and flexibility
- The ability to maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members, build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for a common goal
- Willingness to embrace and follow the Centres methods when planning for and documenting children’s learning
- Capacity to meet deadlines and follow Centre policies and procedures
Please list two (2) referees, including your most recent employer. All applications should include a CV and cover letter which can be submitted via the form on this page.
Educational Leader | Out of School Hours Care OSHC
A well-established school-based OSHC service in Port Macquarie is looking for an Educational Leader to join their leadership team. We provide Before and After School Care and Vacation Care services for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our educators facilitate children’s learning through guidance, the implementation of child-centered programs, and by building supportive and trusting relationships. Our service will have an overall focus on outcomes of the NQF and My Time, Our Place Framework for School Age Care.
You will be supported by another experienced Educational Leader during your induction and orientation into the role.
As the Educational Leader, you will be responsible for supervising and interacting with children, developing and leading an engaging and dynamic program for the service, collaborating with and supporting educators, and ensuring that children’s learning and development are guided by the learning outcomes of the My Time, Our Place learning framework.
- The hours of this position are Monday to Friday 6:30-8:30am and 2-6pm with a Split Shift allowance (30 hrs per week) with altered hours negotiable for Vacation Care periods.
- Minimum 5 hours non-contact time weekly to dedicate to programming and reflections
- Is supported and mentored by an experienced Educational Leader who will guide and lead you on your own OSHC journey, as well as an experienced team of educators.
- Is based in a dedicated space with excellent indoor and outdoor resources within school grounds, providing for active children that love being outdoors.
- Be someone that is vibrant and has a friendly and approachable personality with a passion for working with children and developing relationships with families.
- Be able to think creatively to develop a program that will keep children engaged and excited across their varying individual interests.
- Hold a Diploma, Certificate in Children’s Services or be an ECT.
- Hold a current CHCPRT001: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk – Accredited Child Protection qualification.
- Hold a current HLTAID004: Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting qualification.
- Hold an NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain one.
- Have a sound knowledge of school-aged children’s development and needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NQF and all it embodies — NQS, Framework, Regulations.
Applications can be made via the form below, or you can contact us for further information. Please provide a CV with a cover letter and at least two (2) referees when applying.
Certificate 3 Traineeship in Early Childhood Education and Care
Columba Cottage Early Learning Centre in Port Macquarie is currently seeking four enthusiastic trainees who want to kick start their career in Childcare by joining our Traineeship Program. As a trainee, you will be working full time and studying your Certificate III in Education and Care during work hours.
The ideal candidate for our Traineeship Program is an individual who demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for a hands-on career with children aged 0 to 6 years. We pay for your Certificate III PLUS provide you with study time during work hours.
The Traineeship program allows you to complete a Certificate III in Education and Care within 12 months whilst gaining paid industry experience (Children’s Services Award 2010) with a fun, professional team of educators. No experience is needed, we’ll teach you all you need to know.
Year 12 graduates in 2021 are encouraged to apply.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Keeping children safe
- Supervision of children’s play
- Helping children with daily routines
- Setting up of the children’s environment with playing and learning materials
- Maintaining a safe, clean and fun environment
- Working with children from 0-6 years of age
- Most importantly, engaging and joining in children’s play
If you’re interested in this position simply apply online now via the form below or call us for more information on 02 6581 4433. We have 4 traineeships to offer for 2022.
Applications should contain a CV and letter of application for our consideration and include at least 2 referees.
Closing date: 14 September 2021 for commencement January 2022